An Owner’s Representative’s job is to ensure the owner’s best interests are at the heart of every decision that is made in a project. All owners with limited knowledge of design, construction, phasing and relocation should hire an Owner’s Representative to protect their interests as an intermediary between brokers, architects, design teams, engineers, contractors, vendors, and relevant actors in a given project. Reps are to bring back detailed reports and recommendations to the project owner.
Owner Rep’s are usually charged to monitor:
(1) The design development process to ensure project scope is achieved
(2) The overall project budget (including FFE and other non design/construction related costs)
(3) The bidding process
(4) Assist with jurisdictional reviews and project related mitigation issues
(5) Construction related activities including pay applications
(6) Project close-out and occupancyy